9 Common Signs of Teething
Are you surprised with your baby first teeth appears, but you are complicated and worried for signs of teething that makes your baby discomfort? Here are guidelines that make you able to handle your baby teething and make them more comfortable with the pain relief.
When do Baby Start Teething
Generally, the baby starts teething and grows their first tooth at around 7 months, although it has wide range of teething time variation. For example, a baby can start their teething at 4 or 5 months, but the others are still no having tooth until their first birthday. The signs of teething able to precede the actual appearance of the tooth baby as much as two or three months.
The General Order of Teething Appear
The most common first teeth appear are in the bottom center with two teeth, and then followed with the two other teeth in the top center. After that, the patterns will goes outward with incisors lateral that are comes with the next spot over and follow with first molars or the molar that next closest to the baby mouth opening.
9 Common Signs of Teething
Every baby experience different teething experience in varies. It starts from the time when teeth emerging to the teething signs types and the pain that they feel. The teething signs are able to last for right around the new tooth emerging or it will last for as long as a month where the lot of teeth comes at once. Some babies do not appear any teething signs that noticeable at all, and some get very painful baby. Here are the most common teething signs that appear.
1. Drooling is the signs of teething. The drooling is the common start from 10 weeks to the four months of age. If you find the constant soggy in baby shirts, fasten the bib to keep the baby stay comfort and cleaner and wipe the chin gently throughout the day for stave the chapping.
2. Teething rash is appears when the baby pour out too much quantity of drool and the constant drip that able to cause chafing, redness, chapping and rashes around the baby chin and mouth. To prevent the rash, putting away the drool and create a moisture barrier with gentle unscented skin cream as need.
3. Reflex of gag or coughing is appears when the drooling.
4. Biting is the most common teething signs that appears. The pressure from teeth that poking under the baby gums causes a lot of baby discomfort and this discomfort is able to relive with counter pressure such as biting. The teething baby will gum anything that they can find from teething rings, into nipples when you breastfeeding them.
5. Crying is baby communication right? When the baby get teething, they need to get deal with their pain due tender o gum tissue inflammation and they share the pain with crying or whining. The first teeth usually as the most hurt and molars do, as it plain bigger.
6. Irritability. The little tooth that appears in teething will press the gums and poke up into surface, therefore, it is not surprising that the baby will feel tooth ache. Some baby may take irritability in just a day, but a few babies experience this irritability for more days or even in weeks
7. Refusal to feed. The baby will feel uncomfortable with something in their mouth such as bottle or even the breast. The suction of nursing may make the baby sore gums of teething is getting worse.
8. Night walking may appear as your baby feels discomfort from the teething and disturb their nighttime slumber.
9. Ear pulling and cheek rubbing is the signs that you need to concern, as it can be other signs of teething with ear infection in their teething. When baby get teething, gum, ears and cheek are share the pathways of nerves and this ache of gum can travel in elsewhere.
7 Best Teething Remedies
If you find that the teething signs make your baby discomfort, there are several ways that you can do to make them relax and help take away the pain from teething.
1. Chewing is food for counter pressure and relieves the aching pressure. You can provide the bumpy rubber of teething rings, rattles or any type of teething toys that works well and hygiene for your baby gum. Chewing will be more effective when the object that chewed is cold and it numbs in the gums. Keep your teething toys or wet washcloth in the fridge rather than keep it in freezer because very cold condition can hurt the sensitive gums.
2. Counter pressure action will relieve the teething ache. Clean your finger or teething toys with soft edges wet toothbrushes without toothpaste and rub it firmly to baby gums.
3. Cold drink can offer the chilly relief for baby that age for more than 6 months. You also able to give ice free water in a cup if the babies do not take bottle sucking.
4. Cold food gives more appetizing for your baby since the warm temperature food can ease the achy gum.
5. Pain relief such as baby acetaminophen is able to provide if the teething remedies such as chewing, sucking chilly food and drink and rubbing does not work well. Only give the pain relief after consultation with the pediatrician.
6. Take comfort for your baby when they experience teething pain with extra kisses, extra huge and touch that is more comfortable that makes the baby comfort.
7. Avoiding numbing agent by using rubbing alcohol because this can risk for oxygen level reduce in their blood.
What need to worry in Late Teething?
Some baby experience low-grade fever and diarrhea, but such as other inflammation in the body, the inflamed gums also sometimes produce the low-grade fever. If the baby develops a body temperature of less than 101 degrees, but it has cutting tooth, it’s probably caused by gums and not can be a concern. If the fever continues for more than 101 degrees and more than 3 days with other accompanied signs of illness, you can call for pediatricians.